Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

In a World of Pure Imagination

(BROWNIE POINTS TO YOU IF YOU GOT THE CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY REFERENCE.)

It struck me the other day what a beautiful gift the imagination is. And how powerful it is.

I mean, seriously! If you just simply close your eyes, you can go to Africa. You can go to London. You can go to Ireland (my personal favorite!). You can also go places you've never been. You can see things you'd never see otherwise.

(Like unicorns in a cotton candy sky, which I believe happened to me once, but let's not talk about that.)

Imagination is one of the most important things as a writer. Seriously, think about it. If you don't see your story in your mind first before it ever hits the shelves, who will?

So, here's my advice to you. Picture your story in your mind as the words hit the page. Live through it, vicariously. Living vicariously through my writing is one of the reasons I started writing, and it is amazing. It's the best thing since bread and butter. (Or is it sliced bread?) But seriously. Nothing compares.

Write vividly. Never stop! The imagination is quite possibly the best thing on earth. Enjoy it.

Now go, live your dream.

"Your dream stinks; I was talking to her."

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? And the oompa loompa's were so orange? And that pure imagination song when Willy Wonka was walking down the steps literally went FOREVER to my seven year old self?! I'm Emii, btw, over from Go Teen Writers, nice to meet you!:)

    What a wonderful post, oh Ireland, have you ever been there besides of course the goodness of the imagination? Haha, I learned something today. Say "Irish Wrist Watches" out loud. A few times. Are you laughing now? :D

    Love Tangled. That part made me laugh out loud. Flynn -- er, Eugene -- is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, now that I've read the "about" part of this blog, I already follow your main blog, Sky. :D Love the reason you guys called this place Tea Spitters!

      Delete