Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

The Tea Spitters Safe & Sound

You've heard of Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars, right? Probably. But I'll bet you've never heard of The Tea Spitters' Safe & Sound by Earl, Pepper and Vanilla. My dear innoce--I mean reader, this is what happens to caffeinated writers in the evenings when we're procrastinating writing.

Pepper, Vanilla and Earl (Sky, Rachel and Caroline) wrote this in comments just joking about it, but then I came along and decided that it was too epic not to finish. This is the finished result, recorded by me (I literally have it written down on notebook paper, tucked into my ideas notebook named Greg because reality is not his division, titled as The Tea Spitters Safe & Sound), and then after that it was edited and revised and now I have the pleasure of sharing it with all of you, so, without further ado:

The Tea Spitters Safe & Sound
by Pepper, Vanilla and Earl

I remember tears streaming down your face when you said
"I miss NaNoWriMo"
When thirty days almost killed your light
I remember you said "writer's block is killing me"
But November's dead and gone and past tonight

Just close your eyes
This chapter's winding down
You'll be all right
It's almost finished now
All day and night
Nothing will be safe and sound

Don't you dare look over your shoulder, darling character,
everything is going wrong
The war inside your book keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby, even when half your OTP is gone
Gooone

Just close your eyes, no one will hurt you now
(A filthy lie, you might be going down)
You'll be all right 
Except for Ianto

Just close your eyes
The sun is coming up
You won't be all right
Your author can hurt you now
Writing all night
Nothing will be safe and sound

This is just a little taste of what goes on in our group. Sometimes it's pure insanity, like the comments on a certain characters death scene that was a mixture of emotions (happy, sad, laughing, crying, all of that fun stuff) that really didn't make sense, but that's us. As the title suggest, we're insane, but we enjoy every second of it. Besides, a little bit of crazy and insane makes life all the more interesting!

Hugs,
Dragonwell

No comments:

Post a Comment