Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down...

 Hello, folks!

So, I'm actually writing this post because I'm scared out of my mind to write the next scene in my current novel, And a Dash of Fear.  Instead of torturing myself with that (which I'll probably share with you guys soon,) I wanted to post about my NEXT novel, which I got the idea for just a few days ago.  It's called "We All Fall Down," and I'm ridiculously excited.

Basically, because of my enormous Black Butler obsession, I wanted to write a novel set in Victorian England.  And, for no other reason than because it sounds really cool, I've decided to set it in a circus.

So far, all I know is that it involves a fourteen year old boy named Oliver (or maybe Elias...or maybe Asher...) who runs away from his abusive home and ends up joining a traveling circus.  However, after a devastating fire and the death of the ringmaster, Oliver ends up finding himself trapped in a mystery more dangerous than any he could have possibly imagined.  It's up to him to get out alive, as he battles colorful characters, his fear of the tightrope, and a potential killer. 

I'm so excited to begin!  Of course, I actually have to finish writing AADOF first, but that's okay.  That story is reaching its climax, and soon I'll have to say goodbye to Adam, Molly, Ianto, Harry, and all my other characters.  I might save We All Fall Down for Nanowrimo, but it really just depends on whether I can wait that long.

To get in the mood, I've created a Pinterest board, and I've begun working on my playlist already.  The song that sums it up perfectly?  Gutter Glitter, by the Switchblade Symphony.  Enjoy.
 

 Happy plotting!
Vanilla

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea!

    Have you read The Charmed Life Series by Jenny B. Jones? In one of the books, it involves a circus and a secret and a mystery and a bunch of suspense. I remember it fondly.

    And all your pins make me want to write a story about a circus... someday. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I read those on summer vacation last year! Maybe I should go back and read the last one while I'm writing this, hmmm.

      You should! Circuses are unbelievably fun.

      Delete