Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Hey guys! I'm Fuze




Or Scarlett. Some people call me Scar. And now I have a new nickname: Fuze. I chose it because I'm from the south and Fuze makes some really good sweet tea. If you are some poor northern soul who has never had sweet tea before, then stick it on your bucket list right now. Because you're seriously missing out.

Like sweet Christina over there and a couple of other people on here, I'm new to blogging too. So bear with me. Figured I would utilize this first post to let you guys know a bit more about me and what I do in the writing world. So I guess I should get started. 

The moment I learned how to write I knew that this was gonna be some kind of thing. I've always had an extremely vivid imagination and found that I could express the images that I see in my head through written words. When I was six or seven years old I started a diary (because that was the cool thing to do back then). It was written in a cute little pink notebook with these weird cartoon horses on the front. What I wrote in there started off as boring yet adorable entries that any other child would write in their notebook. As I continued to write in there I recognized how extremely uninteresting I was. Reality began to bore me from a young age. So, at seven years old, I started a new log in that little horse notebook. I started imagining myself in a fantasy world. A world that would grow up with me and shape who I would become. Yeah, I know, it sounds real dorky. But it’s the truth. Alamare came to life in that little journal. And thus a new little writer was born.

Most of us start writing cute little stories when we are really young. I was one of those people. The only difference is, I never stopped writing on my cute little story. It grew and transformed over time. It started off as this sweet, innocent little story about a girl named Jade who discovers this alternate reality. Now I am sixteen and have this entire universe living inside of me. That young girl, Jade, has turned into this remarkable woman named Eriif. She carries with her all of my good qualities with some of her own thrown in there. She also carries my mistakes and my pains, along with some of her own disabilities. Over the years I have poured a lot into her and her little world, which isn't so little anymore. What started off as a simple, childish story grew this incredibly complicated trilogy that I like to call the Firetree Chronicles (but I’m probably gonna change the name sometime soon). 

I hate giving summaries of my books. But I guess I should tell ya'll a little bit about what goes on in this insane story. Imagine a world filled with the things that you've only dreamed about. A world built upon this world's legends. A new reality made of this world's fantasies. Our legends, the beasts, the myths, the ghosts, the zombies, the dragons and unicorns, elves, dwarves, giants, and weird things that we used to love as children, exist in this world. But they aren't fairy tales. These creatures and beings aren't lovely dreams that our paradises are made out of. They are flawed, terrifying and very different. They live separately from us, but their reality is connected to our own in that, if one world dies then the other dies with it. For thousands of years both worlds have lived in peaceful ignorance of each other. Suddenly a force arises in Alamare and threatens to disrupt that sanguine peace. The only thing that can stop it is the power found in two human girls. The trilogy follows these two humans through this mysterious land as they rally to save this foreign world. Will they succeed in defeating this terrifying force, or will they fail, resulting in an apocalypse for both worlds?
Well yeah. That’s what it’s about, but there is so much more to it. I’m working on four books right now like a little nerd. I don’t usually tell people about it because I’m afraid that they would judge me. Actually I didn’t tell anyone about it for eleven years. No wait, nine years. I suck at math. Anyways I was just too embarrassed, but I so wanted to share. Having that much information in my head was too much to bear on my own. Three years ago I started doing this epic event called NaNoWriMo. I’m sure that at least some of ya’ll have heard of it. The first two years of National Novel Writing Month of Insanity were really hard for me because I tried to do it alone. I still reached 50,000 but struggled the whole way through. Last year my dear friends Caroline and Christina introduced me to the Tea Spitters, which was called NaNoWriMo support group at the time. As the month progressed we got more awesome and became the Tea Spitters. These girls are incredibly good writers, which intimidated me a bit, but as I time went on I grew comfortable around them and started sharing bits and pieces from my story that I was writing using NaNoWriMo. They were the first people to ever experience Alamare besides me. And they liked it, I guess. Basically I’m trying to say that if it weren't for this crazy awesome group of writers I probably would have stopped writing a long time ago and no one would have ever heard of Alamare. Actually, without them I probably wouldn't have been able to get through November. My family is going through a rough patch right now. I am too. We’ve struggled all year through some unfortunate situations. Towards the end of 2012 I was ready to, well, break. And these girls’ support got me through it. So, yeah.

Currently I’m still writing sparingly. Just like anyone else out there that pesky thing called school is in the way, along with dance. I dance about fourteen hours a week, sometimes fourteen hours a day. I also play competitive classical piano. So that’s always in the way of writing. But I’m not letting my busy schedule stop me. Right now I’m taking a break from the series and writing a little novella about North Carolina ghosts. I took an interest in the legends after I visited Beaufort, which is famous for its ghost stories, specifically the ones about Blackbeard. I try to write on it for at least 15 minutes a day.

So that’s me and those are my stories. I hope to bring them to life someday for people other than myself. I guess all teen writers dream of doing that someday.

Keep writing guys. Don’t forget to be awesome.

-Fuze


No comments:

Post a Comment