Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Hey there, I'm Rooibos

 Actually my name is Johanna but since we're all tea here, I'm called Rooibos after a fantastic little blend of flower from Africa. I actually didn't think very hard about my name, it just so happened to be the one I was drinking at the time. Anyway, it seems I am to give you an introduction into my character? That always seems to be hard, I have very little trouble with others, but who am I really? We'll start with some facts.
1. I'm 16, turning 17 this June.
2.  I take sugar in my tea, not too much but rather sweet.
3. I mostly talk about my boyfriend named chocolate on Twitter. We're going steady.
4. I have about 600 chickens
5. I've only finished 1 story in my whole writing experience.
6. I buy more books than anything else.
 7. I'm closer with people that I've never met than most people in real life.
8. I write a lot, well duh. But I haven't finished my nano book from November  although I did reach 50,000 words a few days early.
9. I am whole-heartily enthusiastic about God and living life to its fullest.
10. I'm a photographer and blogger and spend a wee bit too much time on tumblr where I'm obsessed with tv shows... ahem.

So, what else? I live on a farm and I'm the oldest of 7 kids. I was born in Germany, but I'm not a German. My parents were missionaries in Romania for 11 years and I've traveled America, but I was in a car-seat, so it doesn't count. My favorite book ever is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, then followed closely by a ton of books all tied in 2nd place. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Great Gatsby by F. Scot Fitzgerald, War and Peace by Leo TolstoyLes Misérables by Victor Hugo, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey (content warning here: it's really rough) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë... and so many more, it's not even funny how many books I have. 

My current book is my nanowrimo novel called Eilam Fear Was Invisible which is about a young man and his being friendless and alone and basically just the struggles of being a loner and meeting other people like you. I've been working on it far too sporadically but I'm hoping to totally finish it this year. And then rewrite it because I don't like so many things, but that's what comes with editing, right? People say to write what you know, and this is what I know. I'm someone who sometimes compares herself to Holden Caulfield in that I walk around muttering how people are phonies. People think I'm strange, and a little bit off, but I'm okay with that now. I've met so many other people who are lovely and smart and think reading and writing is an awesome that I can greet doubters with a knowing smile and admit to being strange. I'm also a Nerdfighter and a fan of all things webshow related (Lizze Bennet Diaries anyone?).

So yeah, that's me. I'm sure there is a ton you could learn about me, but let's stick with this for now.  

Cheers,
Johanna

2 comments:

  1. you totally had me at "The Book Thief".
    like...well...you just did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Thief is actually not even joking my favorite book.

    Well. In my top five favorites.

    Actually I can never decide, so let's just say I really really love it and leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete