Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Let's Take A Roadtrip

I love roadtrips and my love of them has transferred into my writing. That's right [write] folks, Sam has started another novel.

This one is going to be a fun one. It's lighthearted and explores finding yourself and getting lost on purpose. It's about a boy/young man/man who helps a hitchhiker and is sucked into her plans to travel the country with her belongings piled high in the back of a car.

Tyler hates roadtrips. He doesn't want to leave the comfort of home, but he has an unexpected (and entirely unwanted) desire to see the world before he turns twenty-five. He quits his job and joins the girl, much to his girlfriend's displeasure. They sleep under the stars and their car breaks down on the Golden Gate Bridge.

She's sassy and he's quiet. She loves adventure and he loves to be at home. And they both want something more out of life.

And so I'm taking a roadtrip with these characters, exploring the country from the comfort of my room.
....
“You’re going to be gone for ‘a while’? How long is a while?” I can tell she’s annoyed by the way she asks the questions. After a moment she adds, “And where are you even going?”

I close my eyes and wince. That’s the question I’ve been dreading. “I - erm - I’m kind of going on a road trip.”

There’s silence on the other end of the line for a long time. And then, “Tyler, you hate road trips.”

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea for this. That is all.

    I also love this -- "she's sassy, and he's quiet." That is one of the best relationships I've ever heard of. So dynamic. Can I just say that I ship Tyler and the girl already? OTP 5EVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, yes. xD They're totes adorb (to quote Lydia) and I love them to bits and pieces. The girl's name is Sierra as of right now, but I'm probably going to change that because it's not one of my favorite names. ;) :P

      AND YOU SHIP THEM ALREADY. ASD;LKJH.

      Delete
  2. This. Sounds. So. Cute. And. I. Am. Shipping. Them. So. Hard.

    Hurry up and write it because I need to read this

    ReplyDelete