Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Assassins in the 1950s?

assassins in the 1950s? green fedoras? time travel? oh no! ... oh, yes. 

 Yes, that is my new story idea.

Last night I was laying (lying? Which is correct?) in bed when a crazy idea jumped out at me.

Assassins in the 1950s.

What? What the heck?

And yet, I have this inexplicable image in my head of what this novel will be. It will possibly involve time travel, it will involve spies, evil people, and lots of intrigue--and most of all, it will involve green fedoras and an amazing character named Adam.

Not sure exactly how to explain him. Is he an assassin? Maybe. I do know for sure he's a bit of a rogue. Is he for the good guys? Maybe. Most likely. But he's used to being in bad places, I'd definitely say. Rough around the edges, and yet totally charming. I love him already.

It will also involve a love interest for him (duh) and lots of suspense. Because I love suspense.

And did I mention that it's about assassins?

Anyway, I don't even know how to comprehend all this inspiration and ideas that are coming my way. Normally I'm scrounging for ideas like I'm in an inspiration-starved desert. It's so unusual to have this many ideas hit me at once. First this idea about 50s assassins... then Here Comes the Sun, then Evanescent Fireworks. (You'll likely hear about these in upcoming posts.)

My mind is exploding with ideas.

I love being a writer.

(check out the pinterest board to see more pictures & the green fedora itself.)

Stay awesome,
-Pepper

1 comment: